How to get your Real Estate License in California in 2020 #realestate #californiarealestate
Below i have provided you with the courses to take, forms that need to be filled out, crash course for extra exam prep or for those of you who like to procrastinate, licensing fees and much more!.
* Enroll into a real estate school. The one I chose was Allied Schools
* Allied School will cost you approx. $100 – $200 depending if there is a promotion going on and which package you decide to choose.
* Complete three 45 hour courses to obtain the following certificates
* Legal Aspects of Real Estate
* Real Estate Practice Course
* Real Estate Principles Course
* Documents to fill out after you complete your courses
* RE 909 – Credit Card Application https://www.dre.ca.gov/files/pdf/forms/re909.pdf
* RE 400A – Salesperson Examination Application https://www.dre.ca.gov/files/pdf/forms/re400a.pdf
* https://www.dre.ca.gov/ – from here you will be able to register for your exam, change the date, re-register if you don’t pass and check on your scores.
* When you take the test it will be broken out into 7 different sections
* Salesperson Examination Content – https://www.dre.ca.gov/Examinees/SalesExamContent.html#contracts
– [x] Property Ownership and Land Use Controls and Regulations
– [x] Laws of Agency and Fiduciary Duties
– [x] Property Valuation and Financial Analysis
– [x] Financing
– [x] Transfer of Property
– [x] Practice of Real Estate & Disclosures (inc. Specialty Area)
– [x] Contracts
* What to do after you pass your exam
* You must fill out the license application, get finger printed, provide license fee of $245 made out to the department of real estate
Once You Pass the Examination
After you pass the examination, and if you have not filed a License Combo Application:
1. You will be sent a Salesperson License Application (RE 202) or Broker License Application (RE 200). This form must be completed and returned along with the appropriate fee within one year after passing the examination.
2. A completed Live Scan Service Request (RE 237)
3. must be submitted with the application. A license cannot be issued until DRE receives fingerprint response information. See Fingerprint Requirements for further information.
4. (SALESPERSONS ONLY) Evidence of completion of Real Estate Principles, Real Estate Practice, and one additional course from the course requirements list must be on file before your license is issued.
Salesperson Examination Fees
Examination Fee $60
License Fee $245
Fingerprint Fee $50
Total Due to DRE with RE 435 $305
Few tips when it comes to studying as this is what I am currently doing….
1. Read all the chapter summaries
2. Take all practice questions
3. Register for this crash course https://www.crashcourseonline.com/
1. NO I AM NOT PAID TO SAY THIS, HOWEVER, THE QUESTIONS IN THIS COURSE ARE RELEVANT TO WHAT YOU WILL SEE ON THE EXAM.
THE GEAR I USE
34″ 5k LG Monitor – https://amzn.to/2HCRuqj
LOVE THIS MONITOR as it powers up your MacBook and could utilize it to hook up you PC via HDMI.
BEST CHAIR EVER
What I Use to Record And Get 10 Bit 422 HQ 4k Files – https://amzn.to/2QXD6Lt
Best Rigs to Help Film Yourself With – https://amzn.to/2u2qE4a
LENSES I USE ON THE REGULAR
MY FAVORTIE LENS OF ALL TIME – Canon EF 24mm F/1.4L II https://Amzn.To/2unmort
FAVORTIE LENS FOR VLOGGING AND WIDE-ANGLE SHOTS Canon EF 16–35mm F/2.8L III USM Lens – https://Amzn.To/2r0tgkv
Best Wireless Mechanical Keyboard with Brown Keys – https://Amzn.To/2tqnzai
WHEN IT COMES TO AUDIO
Audio Recorder and Amp – Universal Audio Apollo Twin Mkii Duo https://Amzn.To/2fsfoew
The Best Shotgun Mic in The Industry – Sennheiser Mkh-416 https://Amzn.To/2FVCG1J
Best for Vlogging And Just About Everything Else – https://Amzn.To/2tord3q
A Must Have to Clean Your Lens – https://amzn.to/2NAo641
My TSA Travel Case for Camera Gear – https://amzn.to/3agp3Iv